Monday, November 30, 2009

Birthday Thieves

My sister seems to think that I like to steal holidays, specifically birthdays, from people. On her 21st birthday I graduated from college. My husband proposed to me on my brother's 30th birthday. This is why we were certain that the girls would arrive on Thanksgiving - to "steal" (I like to think "add to") another holiday. But no. Apparently they aren't like their mama. These little girls must have more manners than me, so they stayed quiet and allowed everyone to enjoy their Thanksgiving holiday at home.

This Thursday, the girls will be 39 weeks. The ideal time to deliver twins is between 36 and 38 weeks, but we are trying our best to intervene as little as possible. We'd like the girls to come when they are ready. We had an appointment this afternoon to check their status and to talk about inducing. I am almost 100% effaced and almost 4 cm dilated - which is about 1 cm more than last week. My OB was surprised the girls hadn't made their grand entrance yet. Damon and I shared her sentiment. We talked about inducing, the risks/benefits, and decided to give the girls one more week to come on their own. Then we went ahead and scheduled a day to induce if they decide to continue baking - next Tuesday, December 8.

Oh, and that's also my sister's 29th birthday.

5 comments:

  1. Jen you are so funny! I love reading these. You and Damon are in my thoughts and prayers! Have you decided on any names yet? I was scrolling through most of your entries but didn't find anything about names. How exciting for you all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How rude..and then John Lennon had to go and steal Trishy's day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well my oldest was suppose to be a Thanksgiving baby to Jen, and he came on Pearl Harbor Day, Dec 7 of 94! Seems like the first, in your case, first's, are always late. Good luck we are waiting the healthy grand entrance of your deva's! Best Wishes and keep us posted!
    Shelby

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've been following you for a while now, and I'm excited that the due date is near. Praying for a safe and grand entrance into this world.

    Keep us posted.

    Windmills and Tulips

    ReplyDelete