Thursday, April 2, 2009

And it begins...

Okay, so it's two days before my scheduled period and I know that the accuracy of the test is only 90%... but that's good enough for me! Besides, I can't wait anymore... I have to know! I do my business on the little clear blue and easy and then jump in the shower. "I'm probably not pregnant", I tell myself because I don't want to be disappointed, but then don't want to jinx it, so I say "I am pregnant!" I repeat this for about 15 minutes and wonder if I'm going insane.

When I emerge, I casually glance at the stick trying not to seem desperate for an answer.

"Pregnant"

I make the weirdest noise. It's kind of like a mix between a snort, a laugh, a cry and a burp and it was a perfect noise for the emotions I was feeling. WHAT!?!? I have to tell my husband! But no... I should tell him in a special way tonight over dinner... I take a picture of the stick with cut azaleas from my front yard. I plan to put it in an engraved frame and give it to him this evening.

I can't believe it... Wow... I'm going to be a Mom! I'm going to have a baby! Man, I'm going to miss some good happy hours this summer... Oh, my husband is going to be such a good Dad! I have to tell him. Who has the self control to wait until tonight!?!?

I jump on the bed and gently (as much as my excitement could allow) shake him. He groggily looks up at me... "Yes?"

"Congratulations on your hole in one!" I squeal (more on that later)...

"What? No..." I smile. "What? No..." he says again... "Yes!!!" I squeal. We chat about it for awhile and both decide we are very happy, but that we are going to keep it quiet for a few more weeks. At least until we see the OBGYN we reason...

15 minutes later I call my mom...


No comments:

Post a Comment