Sunday, June 21, 2009

15 Week Check-up

Last Thursday we went in for our third appointment. Since twins/multiples are considered a high-risk pregnancy, we get the pleasure of seeing our babies each time we visit. Now, Damon is really good at seeing all of the little body parts, facial features and can distinguish baby A from baby B by which one is closest to my cervix - huh?

Me? I'm not so good. I can see clearly recognizable parts like an arm or a spine (so cool to see!!!) or a little beating heart (again, SO cool to see!!!), but when I look at their faces, it's just a bunch of shadows and sometimes I can't tell the butt from the head. Maybe she moves it around too fast for me or maybe my attention is distracted by their oh-so-cute jerky movements. Yeah... we'll blame it on one of those.

So, for the update... babies are doing fine. They are growing and developing normally. She still can't tell if they are identical or fraternal. But boy, do those little ones make us laugh already!!! For starters, one of the twins had it's "behind" placed on the other's head, and that one kept jerking it's arms and hitting itself in the head! I'm sure you can understand it's frustration! :)

Mama's doing fine too. I've gained 5 pounds total which is good for the first trimester. Now I'm supposed to gain 1 1/2 to 2 pounds per week during the second trimester!!! Don't worry, I slow down the weight gain in the third. Throughout my pregnancy I'm supposed to gain a total of 40-50 pounds. Can I order another fudgesicle please!?

Time for a belly picture... As you can see, I've grown quite a bit in my lower abdomen... and on the other side...


2 comments:

  1. Yay! I can imagine itty bitty Jen with 2 babies in her belly. I'm looking forward to reading about your journey =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. awww! Look at your cute little tush!

    ReplyDelete